We are the Friends of Corby Glen Primary School Parent Teacher Association (PTA). We are a new small team of proactive parents, who are aiming to encourage closer links between home, school and the community, supported by Head Teacher Julia Waites and her staff.
· Sarah Green is Mum to William in Year 2 and Oliver in Year 6
· Stacey Temprell is mum to twins Freddy and Sonny in Year 2
· Sarah Charlesworth is mum to Francesca in Year 1
· Lucy Brown is mum to Gracie in Year 3 and Ellis in Year 4
As with many PTA organisations, although we are best known for our fundraising work, we also play a useful social function too. As a new team we have put together an events calendar for the 2018/2019 School year. See some of our 2018 highlights below. Our fundraising events provide a great opportunity for parents, staff, pupils and the wider community to get together as well as funding key value initiatives agreed between parents and the school as priority. We plan to consult with the children and teachers to agree our fundraising goals going forward. The majority of our activities will then work towards this, but we will continue to support funding for school trips and other items. Our agreed priorities are to introduce us as a new team to all existing and new parents, teachers and pupils plus encourage wider community participation. We also look forward to continuing our rolling events calendar to fuel community engagement and fundraising.
If you would like to get involved at any of our events or if you have any fundraising suggestions please get in touch with any of us when you see us at school, or alternatively by text or phone on 07958 171898 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
· Friday 21st September – Non-Uniform Day Tombola Prizes required for the September Fair
· Saturday 22nd September @ 1 – 5pm – The September Fair & Car Boot Sale in the School Grounds
· Friday 19th October @ 6 – 7.30pm – The Spooky Halloween Disco in the School Hall
· Friday 30th November @ 6 – 8.00pm – The Christmas Fair in the School Hall
· Friday 14th December @ 6 – 7.30pm – The Cracking Christmas Disco in the School Hall